Welcome to the website of the one and only, original don't question it, I've been here a long time and I know what I'm doing, I swear, Rooster!
I stumbled upon neocities while I was thinking about how much I missed geocities! Now that I'm here, I'll have to try to dredge up from the dark recesses of my memory how to design a website from the bottom up. But I have to say that neocities makes it easier than it was in the long ago before time. So my being rusty shouldn't be too much of a hindrance. (Side note, not at all related but I just noticed while typing 'hindrance' that it's not spelled the way I pronounce it. I pronounce it as hind-er-unce. I wonder how common that is... I could just ask google but I think if I'm going to start this site in an old school manner then I should ask you the reader. Do you pronounce it as hind-runce or hind-er-unce? I'd love to find out.)
Now I just need to figure out how to set up a way to communicate... Do I have to code it or is there something already provided by neocities?
Oh, another big hindrance would be the fact that I just don't get a lot of free time to goof off and make a site like I did in my teens. (If that doesn't date me, then I don't know what would). Hopefully this will be a site that I come back to often. It already feels like going back to a place that you haven't seen since you were a kid, but with new eyes. So even though this is a familiar web 1.0 kind of place it also feels new. Now that I am MUCH older than I was back in the day, I'm really looking forward to making a site the way I wish I knew how to back then. This should be a lot of fun!
Here's a list of my favorite things of which many (I'm happy to say) I made a career of:
- Music (In both the general and broad sense of the word.)
- Editing (This can get tedious but all things worth having also require some tedious moments so I trudge through.)
- Mixing (Along with songwriting and being on stage, this is probably the most fun.)
- Mastering (Not as good at this. Competent enough to do it passibly but it's far better if I have an engineer who ONLY masters all day for a living to do it.)
- Performing (Surprisingly this is both the most fun and most not fun [unfun?] thing. I'm always nervous as hell no matter how often I do it. I don't know why. I don't notice it when I'm in the middle of a performance, but all the hours before a show I get some serious anxiety.)
- Album design
- Album artwork
- Album layout
- Producing for other artists (I prefer the recording and mixing part of this process when it's not my music. I find editing other peoples songs more tedious than editing my own. There's also a bit of "me" in this. I have a musical signature and you can tell when it's a song I produced.)
- Fashion (It has a little to do with music. I make or alter a lot of my clothes and that can be considered part of the "artist/music package". Other than that, I like fashion almost as much as music. A lot of people think that's weird for a guy [who is straight] to like. But who cares. I don't ask for or care about the approval of others. What others think of me doesn't define me. Sorry. Ranting a bit lol.)
- Woodworking (I'm making some custom guitar designs at the moment. If I can get enough time to develop the designs I pan on making that another source of income.)
- Being an entrepreneur (If you are an artist who's any good at what you do then you are also an entrepreneur by default. It's a shame that both of those things aren't recognised equally. I think they go hand in hand.)
Here's how you can make bold and italic text.
Here's how you can add an image:
To learn more HTML/CSS, check out these tutorials!